2.4.0-rc1 and new Wiki

Miklos Szeredi
A release candidate for 2.4.0 is available from

  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/fuse/fuse-2.4.0-rc1.tar.gz

Unless problems are found this will be released as 2.4.0.  So please
test, and report any problems you find.

Other news is, that I've set up a Wiki (PhpWiki) for FUSE, found at

  http://fuse.sourceforge.net/wiki/

and moved the current contents of the project list there.  From now
anybody can edit/extend this list.

The FAQ will also be moved to the Wiki.

If you want to add any other info, go wild!

Re: 2.4.0-rc1 and new Wiki

Mattias Wadman
Miklos Szeredi wrote:
> A release candidate for 2.4.0 is available from
>
>   http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/fuse/fuse-2.4.0-rc1.tar.gz
>
> Unless problems are found this will be released as 2.4.0.  So please
> test, and report any problems you find.

Im using fuse 2.4 from CVS on ubuntu hoary with udev 0.050-3ubuntu7, and
i had to add NAME="%k" to udev.rules to make it work.

-Mattias

Re: 2.4.0-rc1 and new Wiki

Miklos Szeredi
> > A release candidate for 2.4.0 is available from
> >
> >   http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/fuse/fuse-2.4.0-rc1.tar.gz
> >
> > Unless problems are found this will be released as 2.4.0.  So please
> > test, and report any problems you find.
>
> Im using fuse 2.4 from CVS on ubuntu hoary with udev 0.050-3ubuntu7, and
> i had to add NAME="%k" to udev.rules to make it work.

Thanks for the report and fix!

Added to CVS.  Could you please verify?

Re: 2.4.0-rc1 and new Wiki

Csaba Henk
On 2005-09-26, Miklos Szeredi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Other news is, that I've set up a Wiki (PhpWiki) for FUSE, found at
>
>   http://fuse.sourceforge.net/wiki/
>
> and moved the current contents of the project list there.  From now
> anybody can edit/extend this list.

Recently you've declined the assumption that you'd be a god, but now I
really wonder if you are Santa Claus ;)

Csaba

Re: Re: 2.4.0-rc1 and new Wiki

Miklos Szeredi
> > Other news is, that I've set up a Wiki (PhpWiki) for FUSE, found at
> >
> >   http://fuse.sourceforge.net/wiki/
> >
> > and moved the current contents of the project list there.  From now
> > anybody can edit/extend this list.
>
> Recently you've declined the assumption that you'd be a god, but now I
> really wonder if you are Santa Claus ;)

Though I'm no saint either (yet) this may be slightly closer to the
truth ;)

Probably not everyone knows that Santa Claus and I share names: Miklos
is Hungarian for Nicholas.

Re: 2.4.0-rc1 and new Wiki

Mattias Wadman
Miklos Szeredi wrote:

>>>A release candidate for 2.4.0 is available from
>>>
>>>  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/fuse/fuse-2.4.0-rc1.tar.gz
>>>
>>>Unless problems are found this will be released as 2.4.0.  So please
>>>test, and report any problems you find.
>>
>>Im using fuse 2.4 from CVS on ubuntu hoary with udev 0.050-3ubuntu7, and
>>i had to add NAME="%k" to udev.rules to make it work.
>

> Thanks for the report and fix!
>
> Added to CVS.  Could you please verify?

Seams to work ok.

Does anyone know why a NAME parameters is needed? or have the udev rule
never actualy worked?

-Mattias

Re: 2.4.0-rc1 and new Wiki

Christian Magnusson

I have updated some of the old uclibc patches I asked you to add before.
Since it's possible to cross-compile everything to embedded systems with
uClibc (with and without MMU) with the configure script, I would
appreciate if you could update some of the old patches now.

One of the features I was looking for before, was to comment out the
code writing to /etc/mtab since it's often read-only on embedded
systems. Is it ok for you to rename the ifdef and add a configure
parameter to control this?

It would also be better to check the fork() function if it's
available in the configure-script.

'-v' is not described in the usage text.

/Christian

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 14:07 +0200, Miklos Szeredi wrote:

> A release candidate for 2.4.0 is available from
>
>   http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/fuse/fuse-2.4.0-rc1.tar.gz
>
> Unless problems are found this will be released as 2.4.0.  So please
> test, and report any problems you find.
>
> Other news is, that I've set up a Wiki (PhpWiki) for FUSE, found at
>
>   http://fuse.sourceforge.net/wiki/
>
> and moved the current contents of the project list there.  From now
> anybody can edit/extend this list.
>
> The FAQ will also be moved to the Wiki.
>
> If you want to add any other info, go wild!
>
> Thanks,
> Miklos

fuse_diff.txt (2K) Download Attachment

Re: 2.4.0-rc1 and new Wiki

Miklos Szeredi
> I have updated some of the old uclibc patches I asked you to add before.
> Since it's possible to cross-compile everything to embedded systems with
> uClibc (with and without MMU) with the configure script, I would
> appreciate if you could update some of the old patches now.
>
> One of the features I was looking for before, was to comment out the
> code writing to /etc/mtab since it's often read-only on embedded
> systems. Is it ok for you to rename the ifdef and add a configure
> parameter to control this?

Yes.

> It would also be better to check the fork() function if it's
> available in the configure-script.

OK.

> '-v' is not described in the usage text.

OK.

Applied your patch with just one little change: in configure.in use
AC_DEFINE(IGNORE_MTAB, ...) instead of setting CPPFLAGS.

Re: 2.4.0-rc1 and new Wiki

jens m. noedler

Re: 2.4.0-rc1 and new Wiki

Miklos Szeredi

> I wanted to test it, but a get the following make error with the recent
> cvs version (Thu Sep 29 23:16:51 CEST 2005):
>
> /bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/include/fuse
>  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 fuse.h /usr/local/include/fuse/fuse.h
>  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 fuse_compat.h
> /usr/local/include/fuse/fuse_compat.h
>  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 fuse_common.h
> /usr/local/include/fuse/fuse_common.h
>  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 fuse_lowlevel.h
> /usr/local/include/fuse/fuse_lowlevel.h
> /bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/include
>  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 old/fuse.h /usr/local/include/old/fuse.h
> /usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file
> `/usr/local/include/old/fuse.h': No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [install-includeHEADERS] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jens/fuse-cvs/fuse/include'
> make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jens/fuse-cvs/fuse/include'
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
>

> fuse-2.4.0-pre2 works fine. Could somebody please check this?

There are no changes between pre2 and current CVS, that would explain
this.

I'm suspecting a too old (or too new?) automake version.

What does 'automake --version' tell you?

I have 1.9.4.