ENCFS with PAM_MOUNT

brian balazs
I've been trying to modify Pam_mount to enable mounting an EncFS filesystem at
login.
I'm kicking EncFS off with a system call within Pam_mount and that works fine.
Then I get an error that fuse failed. It's not due to either of the common
problems, however, the module is in memory and the syntax is good.

I've tried running in verbose, but that doesn't shed any light on my problem.
Can anyone else out there shed some light on it for me?

Thanks
Brian

Re: ENCFS with PAM_MOUNT

Valient Gough
On Wednesday 20 July 2005 20:24, brian balazs wrote:
> I've been trying to modify Pam_mount to enable mounting an EncFS filesystem
> at login.
> I'm kicking EncFS off with a system call within Pam_mount and that works
> fine. Then I get an error that fuse failed. It's not due to either of the
> common problems, however, the module is in memory and the syntax is good.
>
> I've tried running in verbose, but that doesn't shed any light on my
> problem. Can anyone else out there shed some light on it for me?

The encfs mailing list may be a better place to ask, as other people may have
experience with PAM integration.

I recently added a PAM integration link on the encfs homepage
(http://arg0.net/encfs).  Scroll all the way to the bottom, or click
"Additional Resources" link on the top right.

If that doesn't do what you want, then I hope you'll send me a link to your
code when you get it working. :-)

Valient