Example fuse lowlevel with working pass-through setattr?

Example fuse lowlevel with working pass-through setattr?

John Groves
I'm cobbling together a fuse lowlevel fs that needs a working setattr on a back-end file system, and I'm scratching my head about seting utime and permissions on a directory.  Is anybody aware of a published fuse lowlevel implementation with a working setattr?

If I un-tar an archive into my fuse mount, I don't correctly handle utime on the directories...

Thanks,
John

Re: Example fuse lowlevel with working pass-through setattr?

Bharath Kumar Reddy Vangoor
Hi John,

We did implement setattr using low level FUSE API. Link for our F/S implementation is as follows:

Look over if that helps.

Thanks,
Bharath.

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 1:11 PM, John Groves <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm cobbling together a fuse lowlevel fs that needs a working setattr on a back-end file system, and I'm scratching my head about seting utime and permissions on a directory.  Is anybody aware of a published fuse lowlevel implementation with a working setattr?

If I un-tar an archive into my fuse mount, I don't correctly handle utime on the directories...

Thanks,
John

Re: Example fuse lowlevel with working pass-through setattr?

John Groves
Bharath,

Thanks (and good to see you on fuse-devel).  I should have caught this, because I already had an emacs buffer open on that file, after we spoke last week at FAST.

I think I will adopt your approach; the thing I don't like us having to use the full path rather than something that is local to a directory (like utimensat()) or specific to a file descriptor (like futimens()) - but I haven't cracked (yet) how to use those on a directory.  Having to generate full paths and remember them with inodes seems pretty delicate, although it is at least possible to stat the path and verify whether it still matches the fuse fs inode...

Thanks!
John