FUSE ioctl

Jose Suarez
Hi,

I've been working with FUSE and I've a little problem. I made a copy of passthrough_fh.c and I tryed to implement my own ioctl call, but for some reason my code is never called. I open a file in my mountp point, and in my client i recive enosys, and in the debug fuse i see ioctl success.

Something more strange is that if I comment the ioctl call from my fuse-code and try to call ioctl passing a file on the mountpoint as before, the ioctl return enosys but the debug mode of my fuse say that ioctl is success...

There is a solution? Is something that im doing wrong?

Thanks

--
Jose

Re: FUSE ioctl

Nikolaus Rath
On Jan 05 2017, Jose Suarez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been working with FUSE and I've a little problem. I made a copy of
> passthrough_fh.c and I tryed to implement my own ioctl call, but for some
> reason my code is never called. I open a file in my mountp point, and in my
> client i recive enosys, and in the debug fuse i see ioctl success.
>
> Something more strange is that if I comment the ioctl call from my
> fuse-code and try to call ioctl passing a file on the mountpoint as before,
> the ioctl return enosys but the debug mode of my fuse say that ioctl is
> success...
>
> There is a solution? Is something that im doing wrong?

FUSE does not support arbitrary ioctls. Take a look at
example/ioctl*.[ch]