FUSE process exiting 0 when trying to daemonize

FUSE process exiting 0 when trying to daemonize

Jason Miesionczek
Hello,

So I Have my FUSE working fine so far when I've been running it with the debug flag. Decided to try it without debugging, in a normal use case, and it is exiting during fuse_daemonize in the default case of switch(fork()):

/*
* demonize current process by forking it and killing the
* parent. This makes current process as a child of 'init'.
*/
switch(fork()) {
case -1:
perror("fuse_daemonize: fork");
return -1;
case 0:
break;
default:
(void) read(waiter[0], &completed, sizeof(completed));
>>> HERE _exit(0);
}
I am running this as a normal user, mounting to a mount point that user has full access to.

If i run the mount as root, it seems to work, but then crashes shortly after.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Jason