Quantcast

How to enlarge the maximum open file number

How to enlarge the maximum open file number

yin zhuhua
I met a problem that maximum open file number is changed by fuse module.

According to the debug output, the value was changed automatically by kernel.

Your any comment or suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Zhuhua

Breakpoint 1, fuse_kern_chan_receive (chp=0x7fffffffdbc8, buf=0x7ffff7fd5010 "1", size=135168) at fuse_kern_chan.c:23
23              struct fuse_chan *ch = *chp;
(gdb) n
26              struct fuse_session *se = fuse_chan_session(ch);
(gdb)
27              assert(se != NULL);
(gdb)
30              getrlimit (RLIMIT_NOFILE, &limit1);
(gdb)
32              res = read(fuse_chan_fd(ch), buf, size);
(gdb) p limit1
$9 = {rlim_cur = 81920, rlim_max = 81920}
(gdb) n
33              getrlimit (RLIMIT_NOFILE, &limit2);
(gdb) n
34              err = errno;
(gdb) p limit2
$10 = {rlim_cur = 8192, rlim_max = 8192}
(gdb) p limit1
$11 = {rlim_cur = 81920, rlim_max = 81920}

Re: How to enlarge the maximum open file number

Miklos Szeredi
On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 11:49 PM, yin zhuhua <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I met a problem that maximum open file number is changed by fuse module.

Which kernel?

Re: How to enlarge the maximum open file number

yin zhuhua
I tried on both RHEL 6.8 and RHEL 7.3.

The kernel is 2.6.32 and 3.10.

Thanks & Regards,