IOCTL support in python-fuse

Cédric CARRÉE
Hi list,

I would first congrats about the great job around Fuse. It's a great
piece of software that is helpful in lots of case.

I would enjoy the support for ioctl on the python-fuse binding. I wrote
a patch for that which I submitted as a pull request on GitHub:
https://github.com/libfuse/python-fuse/pull/1
That was 2 months ago, and I did not get any feedback since. Does anyone
know if this project is still alive? Is Github the right place to submit
a patch? If no, is there a mailing list dedicated to python-fuse? Do you
known who should I ask to include this patch in the official repository?

I also plan to add support for poll() in python-fuse, but first, I would
like some feedback on my first patch.

Best regards,

Cédric

--
Cédric CARRÉE
Développeur Logiciel -  BeSpoon

Tel: +33 4 57 12 96 35
web: www.bespoon.com

Re: IOCTL support in python-fuse

Nikolaus Rath
On Apr 19 2016, Cédric CARRÉE <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I would enjoy the support for ioctl on the python-fuse binding. I wrote
> a patch for that which I submitted as a pull request on GitHub:
> https://github.com/libfuse/python-fuse/pull/1
> That was 2 months ago, and I did not get any feedback since. Does anyone
> know if this project is still alive?

Well, I think the Github page makes it pretty clear:

,----
| Maintainer wanted
|
| This project is currently orphaned. If you're interested in taking over
| maintenance, please file an issue. Ideally, this would include some
| reasons why you're qualified and some pull requests as additional
| evidence (so we know the project will be in good hands).
`----

I am using python-llfuse instead.

On 19/04/2016 18:46, Nikolaus Rath wrote:

> On Apr 19 2016, Cédric CARRÉE <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I would enjoy the support for ioctl on the python-fuse binding. I wrote
>> a patch for that which I submitted as a pull request on GitHub:
>> https://github.com/libfuse/python-fuse/pull/1
>> That was 2 months ago, and I did not get any feedback since. Does anyone
>> know if this project is still alive?
> Well, I think the Github page makes it pretty clear:
>
> ,----
> | Maintainer wanted
> |
> | This project is currently orphaned. If you're interested in taking over
> | maintenance, please file an issue. Ideally, this would include some
> | reasons why you're qualified and some pull requests as additional
> | evidence (so we know the project will be in good hands).
> `----
Well... I saw that. That was my fear. Unfortunately, for now, I did not
feel confident enough to take the leadership on this project.
I guess the patch will stay on my github account for now, waiting for
someone to take over the lead of the project.

Thanks for the reply,

Cédric