Quantcast

Installing FUSE

vishvesh M S
Dear Admins,

I am trying to install fuse in my linux system, 4.4.0-rc5-dax-cma-e820pm+

I downloaded the tar ball from github and did the following after the untar

./configure

make

make install

Are there any other steps i need to follow to mount the FUSE module or is that supposed to happen automatically.

Right after make install , i wanted to run the pass through example, so i did the following.

gcc -Wall passthrough.c `pkg-config fuse3 --cflags --libs` -o passthrough

Package fuse3 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `fuse3.pc'
No package 'fuse3' found
gcc: error: passthrough.c: No such file or directory
gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.

Thanking you
Sincerely

Vishvesh M S

Re: Installing FUSE

Michael Theall-2
Hi Vishvesh,

Sounds like you probably installed to /usr/local. You will have to jump through a few hoops:

1. export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig (could be lib64 instead)
2. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib (could be lib64 instead)

The alternative is to use:
./configure --prefix=/usr (additionally use --libdir=/usr/lib64 if your system is set up that way)

Regards,
Michael Theall