Open of cuse device fails with EPERM

dvomlehn@gmail.com
This has to be dumb, but I'm stuck...I've build fuse and am trying to
run cusexmp. I run it as the superuser and give it "-d -n xyz" as
arguments. The /dev/xyz appears just as I expected it to, but when I try
to write to it (as superuser) I get EPERM returned. I've tried a couple
of different kernel version with no change. Any thoughts?

--
David VL