Quantcast

Scalability of Jboss Fuse Server

contactreji
Hi

I am trying to make a production server ready for our client.

I have following clarifications.

1) Is 64 bit architecture is supported in FUSE or is there a limitation?
2) Can fuse handle 64 bit bus? I mean is there any limitation of increasing ram capacity for fuse if needed so?

Cheers
Reji Mathews

Re: Scalability of Jboss Fuse Server

Goswin von Brederlow-2
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 08:22:11PM -0800, contactreji wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to make a production server ready for our client.
>
> I have following clarifications.
>
> 1) Is 64 bit architecture is supported in FUSE or is there a limitation?

You still have 32bit? Gosh, I gave that up 10 years ago.

But seriously, fuse has been used on 64bit architectures for basically ever.

> 2) Can fuse handle 64 bit bus? I mean is there any limitation of increasing
> ram capacity for fuse if needed so?
>
> Cheers
> Reji Mathews

Fuse worked fine on my trusty old Amiga with 64bit bus, sometime last
millenium. Since then hardware has moved on to 128 bit bus, 256 bit
bus, 384 bit bus, multiple busses, ... Did you mean 64bit address
space? That makes it the same question as your first.

Fuse is only as good as the filesystem YOU implement with it. But
generally they do not have a problem with 64bit.

MfG
        Goswin