direct_io fits ?

Samuel Goto
Hi

What can i do to use files that have not a fixed size, but get growing and
growing ? Does direct_io fits ? If so, can you give me any hints how
to use it ? How does it work ?

is this possible with fuse-2.3 ? I can see that there is this
direct_io in the fuse.h lib ...

can you see where i am going ? well, i am implementing the jabberfs,
wich means that people could read their personal IM messages from the
file system ... well, i want to do something like

less /tmp/fuse/user/messages

and as messages comes, less would receive more data, without having to
call it again ...

Do you have any idea how I could achieve this with fuse ?

thanks in advance, samuelgoto

PS By the way, great job with fuse !!! I wrote my fs in 2 days !!! the
hard part was getting the kernel source and compiling it ... hehe ...

Re: direct_io fits ?

Terje Oseberg
Have you tried, "tail -f"?