doubt

sankar raman
Hi,

I am trying to implement a distributed
user filesystem using fuse. I am designing the system
to be network transparent. This means that
each open call will be resolved by a network wide
lookup.

However the problem is(i havent implemented it yet
and seen it, but theorising only)
fuse library detects if open is called on a file
which is nonexistant and the open
fails even before it reaches the user level
open created by me.

For example,

cat some-non-existing-filename

creates the following fuse output

LOOKUP /some-non-existing-filename
   unique: 92, error: -2 (No such file or directory),
outsize: 16

The control doesnt come to the open that i have
defined...

How should I work around this problem??.
Should I modify fuse itself??.

Thanks
J.Sankararaman

Re: doubt

John Muir-3
sankar raman wrote:

>I am trying to implement a distributed
>user filesystem using fuse. I am designing the system
>to be network transparent. This means that
>each open call will be resolved by a network wide
>lookup.

No need to modify FUSE.

Make sure that you:
1. implement the getattr function, and make it lookup accross the network.
2. don't use the kernel_cache option.

John.

--
John Muir