fuse_forget_one.nlookup operation

Michael E Aho

Could someone point me to documentation on how user space should handle nlookup on fuse_forget_one structure? Or briefly explain? Thanks.
--Mike Aho
HPC I/O Blue Gene Q and Coral Supercomputers

Re: fuse_forget_one.nlookup operation

Stef Bon-2
Hi,

you can find some doc in fuse_lowlevel.h, above the declaration of forget.
Hope that helps.

Stef Bon

On Apr 22 2016, "Michael E Aho" <meaho-r/[hidden email]> wrote:
> Could someone point me to documentation on how user space should handle
> nlookup on fuse_forget_one structure?  Or briefly explain?  Thanks.

You should be keeping track of the lookup count in userspace. It is
increased if you call specific fuse_reply_* functions (see
fuse_lowlevel.h). Upon receiving a forget request, reduce the
corresponding lookup counts by nlookup.