fuse on solaris

Fuse mailing list
hi,

still someone around using fuse on solaris?
any pointers on how to build a current libfuse on solaris?
i searched the archive, but only found some 2006/2007 exchange ...

martin

Re: fuse on solaris

Jean-Pierre André
Martin Vetter via fuse-devel wrote:
> hi,
>
> still someone around using fuse on solaris?

I use fuse on OpenIndiana, which is a fork of Solaris 11.
The fuse kernel module and the internal library used by
ntfs-3g are available on :
http://jp-andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/openindiana-ntfs-3g.html
and I maintain the source for the kernel module on :
https://github.com/jurikm/illumos-fusefs/commits/master/

I also have a set of patches for libfuse as a shared object
which ntfs-3g can use alternately, but apparently there is
no maintainer (and no maintained repository).

> any pointers on how to build a current libfuse on solaris?

Thomas Wagner has ported at least the kernel module and
the library to Solaris 11 (with success) and Solaris 12
(AFAIK there is an unsolved issue, which I would be happy
to dig into when I know more about it). His repository is
on http://sfe.opencsw.org/

(bcc'ing him)

Jean-Pierre