llfuse and winfsp

Peter Amstutz
Hi everyone,

I have a file system based on python llfuse which I currently use in
Linux.  I'm evaluating possible ways to port to Windows, and found
this:

https://github.com/billziss-gh/winfsp

It apparently includes a FUSE C API emulation layer.

My question is, Is it conceivable that llfuse could be compiled on
Windows and use winfsp, or is that unrealistic?

Thanks,
Peter

Re: llfuse and winfsp

Nikolaus Rath
On Jun 21 2017, Peter Amstutz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a file system based on python llfuse which I currently use in
> Linux.  I'm evaluating possible ways to port to Windows, and found
> this:
>
> https://github.com/billziss-gh/winfsp
>
> It apparently includes a FUSE C API emulation layer.
>
> My question is, Is it conceivable that llfuse could be compiled on
> Windows and use winfsp, or is that unrealistic?

If the APIs are compatible, then it should be possible to make this
work.

GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F