Quantcast

mountpoint disappears when mountig as user with FUSE 2.3.0

mountpoint disappears when mountig as user with FUSE 2.3.0

jens m. noedler

Re: mountpoint disappears when mountig as user with FUSE 2.3.0

Miklos Szeredi
> I'm runnig FUSE 2.3.0 with kernel 2.6.11. I did ./configure && make &&
> make install succesfully and loaded the fuse module. Then I did the
> same with sshfs and did `mkdir /tmp/test`.
>
> I run "./sshfs jens@le:/home/jens /tmp/test" and the `mount` output is:
> sshfs#jens@le:/home/jens on /tmp/test type fuse
> (rw,nosuid,nodev,max_read=65536,user=jens)

You probably already have a FUSE filesystem mounted on /tmp/test

> I tried to list /tmp/test and got "ls: /tmp/test: Permission denied".
> Then I umounted it (fusermount -u /tmp/test) and run sshfs as root and
> everything works fine!
>
> With FUSE 2.2.1 I'm able to use sshfs as user without any problems...
> I've tried to find the fault and set up FUSE 2.3.0 on my laptop, witch
> also runs kernel 2.6.11 and mounting as user runs fine!

There's a difference between 2.2.1 and 2.3.0, that in the later
mounting a FUSE filesystem under another FUSE filesystem won't work as
normal user (unless the first was mounted with 'allow_other').