stat shadows global declaration

Paul Alfille
I keep getting the following compilation message in my program:

/usr/local/include/fuse/fuse.h:59: warning: declaration of `stat' shadows a
global declaration
/usr/include/sys/stat.h:353: warning: shadowed declaration is here

The problem seems to be a dummy argument name. Can it be changed?

Paul Alfille

Re: stat shadows global declaration

Miklos Szeredi
> I keep getting the following compilation message in my program:
>
> /usr/local/include/fuse/fuse.h:59: warning: declaration of `stat' shadows a
> global declaration
> /usr/include/sys/stat.h:353: warning: shadowed declaration is here
>
> The problem seems to be a dummy argument name. Can it be changed?

Yes, I'll do that.  It's probably some warning option that makes it
appear only for you (-Wshadow?).

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 04:28 am, Miklos Szeredi wrote:

> > I keep getting the following compilation message in my program:
> >
> > /usr/local/include/fuse/fuse.h:59: warning: declaration of `stat' shadows
> > a global declaration
> > /usr/include/sys/stat.h:353: warning: shadowed declaration is here
> >
> > The problem seems to be a dummy argument name. Can it be changed?
>
> Yes, I'll do that.  It's probably some warning option that makes it
> appear only for you (-Wshadow?).
>
> Thanks,
> Miklos

Thanks. The message scares some of my users.

Paul