Quantcast

unmounting fuse/siefs as user fails: mount disagrees with the fstab

unmounting fuse/siefs as user fails: mount disagrees with the fstab

Juergen.Bausa (Bugzilla)

I am using fuse 2.3.0/siefs 0.5 to access the flexmem of my mobile phone (siemens a65).
I use the following line in my fstab:

/proc/fs/fuse/dev /home/jba/mobile/a65 siefs noauto,user,device=/dev/ttyUSB0   0 0

As /home/jba/mobile/a65 is owned by jba, the user jba can mount the phone. mtab then tells:

mount.siefs /home/jba/mobile/a65 fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,user=jba 0 0

However, when trying to unmount, I get

jba@lisa:~$ umount ~/mobile/a65/
umount: /home/jba/mobile/a65 mount disagrees with the fstab

So, unmounting is not possible for the user. It is only possible for root.

What is the reason for this? How can I fix it (without the use of sudo or suid)?

Juergen

Re: unmounting fuse/siefs as user fails: mount disagrees with the fstab

Kurt B Cox
Juergen Bausa wrote:

> I am using fuse 2.3.0/siefs 0.5 to access the flexmem of my mobile phone (siemens a65).
> I use the following line in my fstab:
>
> /proc/fs/fuse/dev /home/jba/mobile/a65 siefs noauto,user,device=/dev/ttyUSB0   0 0
>
> As /home/jba/mobile/a65 is owned by jba, the user jba can mount the phone. mtab then tells:
>
> mount.siefs /home/jba/mobile/a65 fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,user=jba 0 0
>
> However, when trying to unmount, I get
>
> jba@lisa:~$ umount ~/mobile/a65/
> umount: /home/jba/mobile/a65 mount disagrees with the fstab
>
> So, unmounting is not possible for the user. It is only possible for root.
>
> What is the reason for this? How can I fix it (without the use of sudo or suid)?
>
> Juergen
> Mit der Gruppen-SMS von WEB.DE FreeMail können Sie eine SMS an alle
> Freunde gleichzeitig schicken: http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021179

> July 14 at 8am PDT/11am EDT. We invite you to explore the latest in dual
> core and dual graphics technology at this free one hour event hosted by HP,
> AMD, and NVIDIA.  To register visit http://www.hp.com/go/dualwebinar

Did u try fusermount -u <mointpoint> as a regular user?

Re: Re: unmounting fuse/siefs as user fails: mount disagrees with the fstab

Juergen.Bausa (Bugzilla)

Thanks a lot. That works!

Juergen

Kurt B Cox <[hidden email]> schrieb am 10.07.05 04:42:43:

> Juergen Bausa wrote:
> > I am using fuse 2.3.0/siefs 0.5 to access the flexmem of my mobile phone (siemens a65).
> > I use the following line in my fstab:

> > So, unmounting is not possible for the user. It is only possible for root.
> >
> > What is the reason for this? How can I fix it (without the use of sudo or suid)?
> >
> > Juergen
> > Mit der Gruppen-SMS von WEB.DE FreeMail können Sie eine SMS an alle
> > Freunde gleichzeitig schicken: http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021179

> > July 14 at 8am PDT/11am EDT. We invite you to explore the latest in dual
> > core and dual graphics technology at this free one hour event hosted by HP,
> > AMD, and NVIDIA.  To register visit http://www.hp.com/go/dualwebinar
>
> Did u try fusermount -u <mointpoint> as a regular user?

Re: unmounting fuse/siefs as user fails: mount disagrees with the fstab

> I am using fuse 2.3.0/siefs 0.5 to access the flexmem of my mobile phone (siemens a65).
> I use the following line in my fstab:
>
> /proc/fs/fuse/dev /home/jba/mobile/a65 siefs noauto,user,device=/dev/ttyUSB0   0 0
>
> As /home/jba/mobile/a65 is owned by jba, the user jba can mount the
> phone. mtab then tells:
>
> mount.siefs /home/jba/mobile/a65 fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,user=jba 0 0
>
> However, when trying to unmount, I get
>
> jba@lisa:~$ umount ~/mobile/a65/
> umount: /home/jba/mobile/a65 mount disagrees with the fstab
>
> So, unmounting is not possible for the user. It is only possible for root.
>
> What is the reason for this? How can I fix it (without the use of
> sudo or suid)?

The reason is, what umount says: mtab and fstab contain different
entries.  That is because the filesystem type in reality is not
'siefs' but 'fuse'.

The easiest solution is probably to just mount the filesystem by
starting the 'siefs' program (I don't know the command line
parameters), and unmount using 'fusermount -u'.

Also in the CVS version of FUSE, there's a 'mount.fuse' program, that
can be used to automatically mount filesystems with /etc/fstab.

You would have to change the fstab entry to:

siefs /home/jba/mobile/a65 fuse noauto,user,device=/dev/ttyUSB0   0 0