use_ino / readdir_ino

Hans Beckerus
Hello. I have simple question regarding these mount options. Will using these in any way assist my file system in caching meta data for faked files, i.e. avoid that gettattr is being called every time? Or is it still my responsibility to cache attribute information etc if I wish for faster lookups?

Thanks
Hans

Skickat från min iPhone

Re: use_ino / readdir_ino

Nikolaus Rath
Hi Hans,

On Jan 20 2017, Hans Beckérus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello. I have simple question regarding these mount options. Will
> using these in any way assist my file system in caching meta data for
> faked files, i.e. avoid that gettattr is being called every time? Or
> is it still my responsibility to cache attribute information etc if I
> wish for faster lookups?

These option should not affect caching. However, you should be able to
avoid some getattr calls by setting the cache timeout values in init(): http://libfuse.github.io/doxygen/structfuse__config.html