Quantcast

write/read sizes are not consistent during IO

write/read sizes are not consistent during IO

Yue Li
I think my problem is a possible duplication of the issue in this old post:

https://sourceforge.net/p/fuse/mailman/message/20856700/

In my test, I enabled async_dio, and writeback_cache in the init function.

When writing a large file, most of the time, the write size is the same,
say 131072, however, sometimes it became 4096, or 65536 or other sizes.
The place where such change happens appeared to be random. It could
happen in the very beginning or in the middle. And the occurrences of
such changes are not very frequent.

Same thing happens when doing read().

I'm wondering why does this happen?

And how to make the sizes always the same for all the writes (besides
the last write)?

Best,

Yue

Re: write/read sizes are not consistent during IO

Yue Li
hi guys,

I'm still trying to figure out ways to make write and read size always
the same (except for the last read/write), any hint or suggestion would
be appreciated. Thanks!

Best,

Yue